WeShape - Events Lead
WeShape is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. WeShape makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, relevant experience, and business needs at the time.
Who we are.
We Are WeShape. Our mission is to provide expertise on demand, at scale, to solve the hardest technical and organisational challenges to deliver continuous and lasting value and have a positive impact on all stakeholders. WeShape are one of just over 700 B-Corp organisations in the UK, find out more here.
Utilising our expertise within the DevOps, Digital, Data and Cloud market, we engage our network of Associates, some of the brightest minds within industry. We consult, guide and deliver solutions for some of the world’s leading brands within the market.
The problem you’ll be solving.
WeShape currently runs an event network consisting of various events marketed at different audiences. Your role will consist of managing these events, and sourcing sponsorship partnerships.
Our events include:
- London Tech Leaders, is an established peer-to-peer networking and events community on a mission to bring all the senior technology leaders in London together. The events are aimed at ‘C-suite/Director/Head of’ levelled attendees with 13 events successfully run so far on a quarterly basis. The evening consists of a discussion panel, followed by networking, food and drinks. These events typically receive 60-100 attendees, most of which are C-suite. Previous panellists include senior leaders from Deloitte, Trainline, Deliveroo, Boston Consulting Group, JP Morgan, and Allicia Bank to name a few. These events generate the most return on investment, so will take up the majority of your time. London Tech Leaders at the moment is at the stage where it is comfortably running 4 focused events per year with a lot of the same attendees, we want to make the events bigger, better and have more high quality attendees.
- ‘WeShape Tech Talks’ and ‘Oops’ are two other event networks that we run, these are newer and both within their first 5 events. The events follow a similar structure to London Tech Leaders, but they are in a less mature stage receiving 20-40 attendees, aimed at developer and engineer level of attendees.
As the events lead, your role will be to manage and grow these event networks. As well as source sponsorship deals to continue to fund these events. London Tech Leaders will initially be the focus and take up the most of your time, with the other events being brought into focus later.
What you’ll be doing.
Consolidating a solid database and ecosystem of venue options, sponsors, speakers and guests
- Developing a strong relationship with our community of 1000+ senior technology executives including; CEO’s, CTO’s, CIO’s of FTSE 100 businesses
- Consolidate our sponsorship offerings with senior management and assist with bespoke sponsorship proposal creation.
- Outbound generation to senior events marketers and senior tech leaders to sell sponsorship of our events; with incentives based on meetings booked and deals secured.
- Managing and running our event schedule throughout the year. Including tasks such as: Securing venues, managing videographers and photographers,, ordering drinks and food, organising seating arrangements and venue layouts, ensuring microphones and speaker set up, booking entertainment, and more.
- Working with cross functional teams to ensure brand alignment and maximisation of lead generation opportunities. Including event post-mortem analysis with a focus on continuous improvement
- Maintain industry knowledge and stay current on industry trends, providing innovative ideas and event solutions
A typical week could include:
You will be working under our Marketing Team Lead, who has co-ran a dozen events with WeShape, including 8 London Tech Leaders events.
- Outreaching to marketing and technology leaders to pitch bespoke sponsorship opportunities based on their requirements
- Networking with C-Suite leaders and creating a community of individuals to share speaking and sponsorship opportunities with
- Travelling to a prospective venue to map out the layout plan of an event - Working with our marketing team to light any key community trends for upcoming social
media strategies, as well as best show off and promote our events, with a focus on bringing in high numbers of quality attendees.
- Working with our sales team to create a plan for event night to maximise lead generation opportunities
- Managing and running a London Tech Leaders event with 100 C-Suite attendees in Central London
This role is for you if:
- You are not afraid to pick up the phone and pitch to senior technology and marketing leaders
- You are a people person who wants to ensure every single attendee at an event has a great experience
- You are a strong communicator - You can manage various stakeholder expectations and requirements, and be able to
properly prioritise them - Your attention to detail is top tier
Ideally you’ll have: ● Significant exposure or experience within sales, and the confidence to be able to get on
phones and meetings to pitch sponsorship opportunities - Any experience in pitching or working with sponsorship opportunities is a Bonus
● Strong Project management or events management experience ● Excellent planning and organisational skills ● Experience managing various stakeholder requirements and prioritising the workload in
an independent manner ● Be comfortable working in a start-up environment with a company of 25 people ● Be autonomous enough to want to build your own department of the business from
scratch ● Passionate about events and communities, and willing to be the face of the London Tech
Leaders events community ● Ability to work in a high performing, fast paced environment ● Ability to work creatively and come up with bespoke ideas and solutions ● Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers such as events production companies
What the future looks like.
- Taking the London Tech Leaders model abroad to the United States, Spain and Poland. We have already secured the New York Tech Leaders name.
- Running an annual London Tech Leaders conference with over a dozen speakers and hundreds of attendees
- Build out an events team under your leadership who can help take our model to the next level
- Bigger, better and more innovative events alongside increased sponsorship revenue