WeShape - Head of Sales
Who we are
We Are WeShape.
Our vision is to change the landscape of consulting within the technology industry.
Utilising our expertise within the DevOps, Digital, Data and Cloud market, we engage our network of Associates, some of the brightest minds within industry. We consult, guide and deliver solutions for some of the world’s leading brands within the market.
The problem you’ll be solving
WeShape have a unique operating model - our core team is made up of technical consultants and ex industry technology recruiters which enables us to identify customer technical pain points, build solutions and mobilise teams rapidly, at scale.
Our solutions include organisational & technical advisory, squad deployment, on-demand consultants, training & coaching and talent advisory.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands within the UK and Europe providing leading consultancy expertise to help guide and accelerate their digital transformation agendas. Your role will be to ensure we become the go-to-partner within our key accounts and continue to provide the best customer experience, solutions and commercial models to drive incremental value.
We work tirelessly and as a very proactive business, it’s important you bring a flair for new ideas, innovation and flexibility to your solutions - we don’t like to settle.
What you’ll be doing
Working with the leadership team, you will be responsible for building and realising the sales strategy at WeShape, managing the existing team as well as developing future hiring plans and responsible for your own budget and the sales team as a whole.
Alongside day to day management, you will also be tasked with training and developing the existing team, as well as onboarding and embedding new hires into the business, and supporting the cross-selling of other initiatives across the company, including affiliated events and the WeShape Tech Pathway, and expansion into other territories, including the EU and the US.
Being an open and collaborative business, we are looking for someone who can bring innovative ideas not only from the sales side, but can also contribute business wide to offer different perspectives and solutions for WeShape.
Our priorities for this role:
- Working with the leadership team to ensure we are hitting our short, medium and long term goals (ensuring YOY budget and sales growth)
- Bring new perspectives and ideas on how to improve our sales strategy, and take WeShape’s offering to the next level
- Hands on management of the sales team, including 1-2-1’s, quarterly reviews and promotions
- Hands on business development, and identifying new opportunities and customers for WeShape - building new relationships with prospective customers and providing continuous value through our services, technical expertise, event networks and market insight.
- Regular meetings with customers to identify opportunities and develop continual relationships with wider business partners / stakeholders.
- Ability to oversee and manage RFI / RFP processes, identify opportunities within existing accounts and engage relevant stakeholders to win repeated business.
- Working with the marketing team to maximise WeShape’s presence and lead generation
How we achieve these priorities will be up to you, but we’d imagine a typical week to include:
- Day to day management of the sales team, ensuring budgets and targets are being hit
- Working with our customers and technical project teams to identify opportunities and potential capability gaps within prospective accounts and position our services as a viable option
- Working with our sales and technical teams to build proposals where there may be prospective opportunities within the existing accounts
- Building relationships with our customers (Management, Procurement, Leadership) on an ongoing basis
- Internal meetings to identify innovative / added value opportunities
- Managing customer budgets, project requirements and defining prospective SOW’s
This role is for you if:
- You are looking for a new challenge outside of agency recruitment, or take on a new challenge within IT consultancy
- You want to be part of a fast-growing team, working with cutting edge companies within technology
- Want to work on high value projects and opportunities in a fast growing organisation.
- You’re not receiving the training, investment and tools you need to make the most of your skills.
- You enjoy a varied role (we know everyone says ‘no 2 days are the same’, but here no 2 hours are the same)
Ideally you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience with hands-on management of high performance sales functions within IT agency recruitment/IT consultancy organisations, as well as building out and expanding teams (including junior and senior hires)
- Strong background with hands-on sales, leading from the front and consistently hitting sales targets
- Experience with utilising sales CRM systems, including reporting and sales forecasting
- Have a commercial and entrepreneurial mindset
- Solution focused and confident in dealing with high priority engagements (ability to turn around solutions / delivery rapidly)
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to build comprehensive business proposals
- Have a strong social presence and confident personality
- Solid understanding of the technology market, ideally within the DevOps, Software Engineering, Cloud and Data markets.
- Good understanding of deployment models and building commercial proposals
- Strong understanding of contractor compliance, including IR35 legislation, SOW’s etc.
What the future looks like.
You’ll work directly with the leadership team to shape the strategy and growth of our sales capability across the UK, EMEA and US region. There’s a huge opportunity for personal growth in this role and as with any high-growth business, this role has the scope to change over time.
You’ll be given the full support of the business who will heavily invest in your development with new tools, processes and training. It will be massively rewarding, we have huge plans for WeShape and the growth of our functions and you’ll have a share in helping us achieve this.
Some of the added benefits...
- Huge opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving start-up
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Share options
- Flexible Working
- Central London office with rooftop bar
- Choice of technology
- 25 Days Holiday allowance + Christmas Shutdown
- Generous L&D opportunities
- Gym membership
- Carbon offsetting
- Regular team socials and incentives